Friday, January 29, 2016

Day Eighteen


DAY EIGHTEEN

Well, today I moved through some more of the editing on chapter six. I'm being careful here because I want to make sure that this chapter really helps to develop the new material which is consistent with the earlier chapters.

This means I'm moving slowly. No rush. No need to be. The better it is, the more you'll like it. Simple.

I also am making sure that I have a sense of originality here. (Which I believe I do.) The reason for this is because I'm pushing myself to say "yes, I can do this". Also, I think you'll appreciate a cool perspective.

What do you hear from Hollywood Executives? "Give me the same, only different."

The reality is, there are only so many major themes to pull from. However, what we do as writers is to show you that in a new way. Hence the line above.

I have to say, I LOVE writing. There is so much that I learn from it. I think from a professional sense it is the hardest thing that I have ever done. Plus it really is the most rewarding.

(This of course doesn't include being a father, which IS the most rewarding and most difficult of anything you can do, from my point of view. Besides of course being a mother. :) )

However, I'm not talking about that, obviously.

How amazing it is to create something from your own mind and to see it come to life. Plus all of the work that I do to help raise awareness of this amazing journey.

In my mind I think, "what if you watched this all unfold and realized that maybe, just maybe, you could follow your dreams too!"

Think about it - If you do what you love, you never have to work a day in your life! (Because you don't see it as "work".)

How awesome that could be.

Anyway, I'll talk to you on Monday. Have an incredible weekend!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment