Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day Seventeen


DAY SEVENTEEN

Running late today. I over slept a little. (By about an hour.)

The good news is, since I'm my own boss, I can't really fire myself. Or write me up for being late. Lol.

However, despite that, I did manage to move through some of the editing on chapter six. Something I realized is that editing the chapters from now on is going to go slowly. In some cases it'll change so much that most of it will be new.

That's good. I want to make sure that what isn't working anymore is removed and replaced with the new flow of the story. (Actually, the original idea.)

It really amazes me why I allowed the first draft to run like it did. I guess I needed to REALLY get it out of my system. Lmao!  Plus, if I didn't do that, then what would I have learned? Since you grow most when you make a mistake.

Writing is rewriting as they say!

It's incredible how a writer can take something which might be a little sluggish or whatever and turn it into an exciting piece of literature. It's the art of the writer. :)

When I reach my next book, the process will be:

Title, Logline, Synopsis, Treatment, Outline, Novel.

Sounds like a lot but I already have the title (and I sort of have the outline too). Lol. I think that would be probably the best method for me.

Anyway, I must move on to the rest of my day.

I hope you're enjoying this and realizing if you ever want to write a book - go for it! Don't hold back! Small steps equals a large accomplishment.

The important thing to do is daily effort.

Have a great day.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment