Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day Eight Of Editing


DAY EIGHT OF EDITING

So, I'm almost half way through chapter two in one day. How awesome is that?!

This is the kind of pace I need if I'm to reach my goal of February 29th. However, if I miss it by a little bit, that'll be okay. The important thing is that it's helping me to stay focused. This is part of the writing process which is very important, in my view.

Having said that, I REALLY do want to keep that date. This is because there is so much to do this year that if I miss it, then I'll have to make it up somewhere else.

This is a driver for me.

Once I have the book edited, then I'm scheduling a two week vacation. At that time I will compose and send "letter of interest" emails to Literary Agents.

Wait a minute! "I thought you said you were going to take a two week vacation. That doesn't sound like a holiday to me." I hear you say.

Okay well, you have me on that one. However, what I'm referring to is a break from writing my next project.

I hope I can send out letters to about ten agents. Once I've taken some leisure time, then I will begin the process of writing the screenplay.

I aim to write about 125 pages. This will give me a little over two hours to tell my story on film. (The basic rule is: one page equals one minute of screen time.) So 120 pages is two hours.

If and when the movie gets made, I'm sure somewhere the Director will probably bring the timing down a little. That'll be in their hands, of course.

So, I figure the more material I have (by a little bit), they can choose what they want if it doesn't fit with their concept.

Having said that, I hope that for the most part, they like it enough where they don't see the need to make too many changes.

We will see. It goes without saying that I will keep my blog posts up to date so you can watch it unfold from here.

Anyway, I had a great day. I'm very happy with the progress made so far.

I hope your day is going well and you are doing great.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment