Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Day Fifteen - Six More Pages To Go In Chapter Five


DAY FIFTEEN - SIX MORE PAGES TO GO IN CHAPTER FIVE

Well, I moved through this faster than I had expected. I'll have this chapter done tomorrow and straight into chapter six.

What I'm noticing now is that the additional material is filling part of the rest of the chapters. This is actually very good as I have a scene that needs to be removed and the new work will help to fill that gap and hopefully more.

The other thing I like is because of the changes from the very beginning and that which consistently drove the story, it's now "locked in" to the new direction. Having said that, it's what I wanted this novel to look like from the beginning.

It's refreshing  how editing can really help bring the best out of a book.

Don't ever be afraid of it. From my experience, it can be very challenging, especially when you happen to think you have something pretty good.

If you have the right person there, then they will want to see the best of your story come out.

I have published articles (no longer available) that were rejected the first time around. The company made recommendations and I implemented those changes. A funny thing happened, The pieces became better.

At first it was rough because I thought I already had something really good. However, once I made the corrections, the work was elevated. (I know I basically just duplicated my paragraph above. Lol.)

The thing is, once you accept that editing will take place, you are only helping yourself and the manuscript. Creating a much better experience for the reader (which is you).

After all who wants to buy a book that is poorly written, looks strange, feels weird or whatever.

As a writer, it is my hope that a large amount of people will enjoy this work. I hope I can tell a tale you'll love and want to share with your friends.

Let's face it - If a writer doesn't have an audience how can they ever reach out and share their work?

So, the better the book, for me, the more likely you'll want to read it.

I hope you have an amazing and incredible day.

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment