Tuesday, January 12, 2016

So The Rewriting Begins!


SO THE REWRITING BEGINS!

Okay, finally have begun writing. Feels great! I must say that I'm really enjoying this. It already looks so much different and better. I'll be very happy with the outcome, when all is said and done.

The first chapter is my focus right now, of course. The first three pages are in.

This chapter might take a little longer than my original schedule of three days but I will make it up later for sure.

It's setting the stage for the rest of the book, which means that it has to be good.

It took a little bit to really get going but once I did, I found it easy to write. Of course.

I've been sitting with this story for the better part of, well, going on nineteen years now, so I better know it! Lol.

Which reminds me. Where did this really all begin?

Well, I've always been into the paranormal for most of my life. The experiences that I have had and the "stuff" I've come to learn have both intrigued and scared me.

One thing that has captured my imagination is out of body experiences. Since dreams are a source of mystery, it didn't take too long to ask the question "what if?"

Once I did that it followed that it would arouse my creativity and bring the two together in a short screenplay. The title of which was "The Dream".

This book had that same name too until I discovered that there are a number of novels that start with "the dream" on the front cover.

I knew then I wanted to change the name to better reflect what the manuscript was all about. So "Dream, Recurring" was created.

"The Dream" was well received by those that read it. They all had their "take" on it and I loved listening to it.

I even let a Producer read it. (I was working in the film industry at the time.)

He was so impressed that he said if I could make it a full-length feature, he would fund the movie!

I thought he was joking but he was serious. I was stunned and very humbled. I am a "nobody" screenwriter that has no track history. So that to me was huge!

Even though I couldn't turn it into the full length that I wanted to, back then, I knew I had something.

Years would go by, I left the industry to pursue other interests and I shelved the story for a while. I couldn't put the pieces together.

Finally the screenplay became my outline and the story grew. The first thing I wanted to do with it after years of collecting dust, was to turn it into a novel.

So, "Dream, Recurring" was born.

Anyway, it has led me to where I am now. A four book series that will eventually be written and I am committed to turning them all into screenplays. Hopefully they will all be seen as well as read.

I hope you have an amazing day!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment