Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day Two Of Rewriting


DAY TWO OF REWRITING

So, three more pages have now been written.

I know that this first chapter is going to be changed the most and will take me the longest. However, I feel that a lot of the book will remain intact, because it flows with the story.

Having finally finished the logline, it has really helped to crystallize the story, putting it into the perspective that it needs.

What is a "logline"? I hear you ask.

Well, as you know, I've been discussing that this book will become a screenplay. So, to learn about the best way to write one, I've turned to the book: "Save The Cat" by Blake Snyder. It's available at Amazon.

Anyway, what that book will do is teach you the finer points of a script. (I'm still reading it. Lol.) It's the hottest thing in Hollywood right now for writers because it does such a great job!

So, what's a "logline"? It is the "What is it?" When describing a movie. It should be one or two sentences that anyone can read and visualize a movie from.

Producers read it, as do we.

They are hard to write, in my view but I think I have it.

It really helps.

(I'll discuss more about my logline, when I begin writing the screenplay.)

Anyway, today was awesome! I'm so thrilled that this book is coming together in the way I had envisioned when I really began this journey.

I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying my journal.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment