Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Third And Final Edit Day One


THIRD AND FINAL EDIT DAY ONE

(For My New Readers:)

It is my hope that as you read this blog, reading the "behind-the-scenes" as it were, you not only enjoy the ride but maybe, just maybe become inspired to follow your own dreams.

Title:

Dream, Recurring

Logline:

Cynical by nature, a photographer discovers that she's haunted by a being after she starts having a recurring dream. Revealing a secret that only the dead know - with the entity bent on keeping it.

(Today's Post:)

Okay, first of all I know it's been a while. I'm sorry. I had my birthday on Monday and decided to take that day off from everything and yesterday was a busy day for the book but I didn't have a chance to write anything.

I'm counting today as day one for the third and final draft. There are a number of things I will accomplish with this version. Some of those items include:

*Making the dialogue sound more flowing. (This is for the first eight chapters. Basically removing the word "said". It's an overused word that needs to change. :) )
*Ensuring that my Editor's notes are incorporated.
*Searching for duplicated words that I missed from before and changing them.
*Grammatical check.
*Final formatting.

The method here is to perform the first three changes before I put it though a grammatical check. Final formatting will happen at the same time as the grammar.

Once that's done it's on to be copyrighted by the Library Of Congress. 

Then I can submit it to be proofread.

If all goes well, I should be looking at beginning the marketing campaign after that, which means countdown will start.

I hope your day is going really well and I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment