Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day Sixty-Five


DAY SIXTY-FIVE

Title:

Dream, Recurring

Logline:

Cynical by nature, a photographer discovers that she's haunted by a being after she starts having a recurring dream, revealing a secret that only the dead know - with the entity bent on keeping it.

So I missed yesterday. Sorry about that. I had to take care of a few things.

Chapter thirteen is underway, well and truly. I love the beginning of this last section and think that it will serve the story very well.

I know I write the logline on every blog post I do now. Which is unusual for a novel. However, I've found that it is a quick and easy way to give you a description of the story that is shorter than the synopsis.

This will be available when I describe the book on Amazon. I think you'll enjoy it. (I hope.)

It is interesting that I'm utilizing a tool that is used in the film industry all the time and realizing that it is useful here. It's kind of cool.

What is a "logline"?

It is the one or two sentences that describe a movie. In essence it's the "what is it?" or as I like to call it, the "hook". 

No matter how you think of it, the logline has to do a lot in it's short length. Essentially if a Producer sees it, they want to read the line and be able to "see" the movie.

The same goes true for the audience. I can't be there for everyone, as the writer. So what this does is it allows you to read what I would describe to you in the flesh.

If you think about it, this makes perfect sense to create the line in the first place.

If I'm talking to you about my project and you ask the question "what's it about?" If you're being honest, you probably don't have time to listen to the synopsis.

However, you would have time to listen to one or two sentences (most likely).

That's why I thought it would be good to use. Plus it's shorter and has to capture your attention. Which I think it does.

Having said that, once it's up for sale on Amazon, then it absolutely will have the synopsis because then you will want to read more details.

At least that's how I'm thinking of it.

Anyway, I hope you have an amazing day.

Mark 

No comments:

Post a Comment