Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day Seventy-One: Second Edit Complete


DAY SEVENTY-ONE: SECOND EDIT COMPLETE

(For my new readers:)

It is my hope that as you read this blog, reading the "behind-the scenes" as it were, you not only enjoy the ride but maybe, just maybe become inspired to follow your own dreams.

Title:

Dream, Recurring

Logline:

Cynical by nature, a photographer discovers that she's haunted by a being after she starts having a recurring dream. Revealing a secret that only the dead know - with the entity bent on keeping it.

(Today's Post:)

Well, the second edit is done! Woohoo!!! What an amazing ride. I've discovered that I can write much faster than the first draft. (That took me about a year and three or four months.)

This one took just over three months.

Wow, what a difference! 

Now what?

Great question! What I'm going to do tomorrow is review the past five pages to make sure this is the ending I was looking for and then print it up.

I'll be able to hand the final batch to Lisa (my wife) who is doing the editing and I'll begin next week in construction of the website.

It is my hope that by the end of that week I'll be able to have it go live and also have my profile up on Amazon too. 

During that phase I will write the synopsis as well.

Finally returning to my third and final draft beginning the following week.

Can you expand on what you were talking about yesterday?

I absolutely can. In fact I wanted to cover some of that today, thank you for asking.

The question is, how can my writing process help you realize YOUR dream?

Let's face it, not everyone wants to be a writer. 

If you look at what I am actually doing, as I go through all of this, you should notice that I see my vision and I'm breaking it down into tiny progressive steps.

In the case of a novel, I have to be the one to do this. No one is really going to write this for me, and that's how it should be.

However, if I really think about it, most of my effort is because I WANT to do this. It is easy for me to do one step then the other. Especially now since I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

The reality is that if you want to pursue your dreams, a good first step in the process could be:

"Define Your Dream"

That is, really have a sense of what it would be like to do it. To BE it. The goal there is to simply FEEL good. 

You do not have to be specific. You can be but you don't have to.

For example, let's say your dream is to be rich. That's great. So you decide "I want to be a millionaire".

Perfect.

However, you also want to be more accurate. So instead you say: "I want to have two million dollars".

That's fine but it might be easier to say something like: "I want to be financially free".

Now THAT would work even better.

Why?

Because you can wrap your head around BELIEVING it much better.

What I mean is that if you only earn, say $50,000 a year, could you imagine having $2,000,000 a year?

Can you see how your belief system might be able to at first but the long haul might bring doubt. If that happens you will push it away.

Being "financially free" in this case might simply mean $500 more a month. Could you imagine that?

Once that goal happens, continue the goal of financially free but maybe with a little larger target.

The point is to work on "small moves". Baby steps as it were and it will happen.

So long as you "Feel Good" about it.

Anyway, in this example you should be able to see that you can apply it to anything. Just remember to begin small. You need your confidence to build.

Starting with something as simple as "feeling good" for the day, or whatever, might be your starting point.

Begin small and allow experience to show you the way.

This is how it is happening for me. I do this because I CHOOSE to. I am at that point now where everyday I'm absolutely convinced that this book will be really well received.

By the definition above, that is all it can be. Not because I'm egotistical and think that I have delusions of grandeur. Rather the Universe is helping me to put these pieces together so it can only be that.

And I'm listening.

This is what can happen to YOU. 

Go live YOUR dream, not someone else's!

I hope you have an awesome day!

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment