Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day Forty-Six


DAY FORTY-SIX

Nice day today. I have the formatting complete and I've begun detailed work of the chapter.

The great thing is, I do have some fantastic material from the first draft that I'm able to keep because it flows so perfectly with the story.

I love it when this happens. Because it's an incredible time saver. It means that I have a chance of completing this sooner and that can't be bad.

So I have people say to me that they can't wait to read my book and I tell them "neither can I"!

While this always gets a good chuckle, it highlights the fact that, even though I have an outline of where this will ultimate go, it is also and should be partly driven by good characters.

You want to always help guide them but sometimes they need to explore too.

I think it helps to have incredible depth to each of your main people in the story.

It also is good to have depth to lesser known people too. Not everyone needs that. Some are just in passing, so you don't (as a writer) really need to understand their whole story.

Anyway, I hope that your day is going really well and I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment