Monday, March 28, 2016

Day Fifty-Eight


DAY FIFTY-EIGHT


Title:

Dream, Recurring

Logline:

Cynical by nature, a photographer discovers that she's haunted by a being after she starts having a recurring dream, revealing a secret that only the dead know - with the entity bent on keeping it.


Well, chapter twelve has officially begun. The editing notes from the first draft and the new formatting is complete. It's now ready to begin the rewriting. 

I'm allowing a full seven days from now on to do the work in this section.

The reason for this is because at this stage the the storyline is so different that most, if not all of this one will need to be completely changed.

Isn't that going to slow you down?

Yes and no.

Yes, because I really wanted to be done with this major overhaul by the end of February. Then, I thought in my mind, by the end of this month. Which isn't going to happen. Lol.

No, because I know it will be so worth it. The time it takes me to make sure I'm producing a story that I've always wanted to tell and pushing myself to make it the best it can be, will only help you enjoy it even more.

I really feel I've been answering this call this time round.

The really cool thing is, I've realized that I can write my story much faster than the first draft. Wow!

That part's cool.

However, I also have to acknowledge that it's better planning too which has caused me to ensure every book/story I write will have the same structure involved. The process is as follows:

Title.
Logline.
Synopsis.
Treatment (of each act).
General Outline.
Novel/Story.

I think that doing this will help me develop clarity before I even put "pen-to-paper" on the book.

It will also help the editing curve too. Since I should, in theory, have a well constructed tale.

Anyway, I hope your Monday is going well (or whatever day it is for you) :) .

I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment