Thursday, May 12, 2016

Day Nine


DAY NINE

(For My New Readers:)

It is my hope that as you read this blog, reading the "behind-the-scenes" as it were, you not only enjoy the ride but maybe, just maybe become inspired to follow your own dreams.

(Today's Post:)

So as I began working on chapter five, it dawned on me that I needed to create a list of words that were similar to "said". Once I realized that, I highlighted them in the entire manuscript and went to work.

Now I'm removing all of those words from dialogue and replacing them with content that describes it much better. I'm not worried about when it appears in description.

What I'm finding right away is that the storytelling is being elevated to the levels that are now surpassing  where it's been and I think my editor is going to be very happy. Lol.

It's coming together now in a huge way.

That tiny four letter word has been vexing me this whole time. There was no way I was going to publish the book with this challenge in it. No way.

Now, if I look at how the story has really developed I can see a novel that I'm very proud of. It is worthy of your readership.

However, I am going to say that because I am writing it. :)

I am confident that time will show that it favors the book reviewers. (Some of them might end up being you too. Lol.)

Once I catch up to where I left off in chapter five, I'll continue those changes in that section. Then it should go much easier. 

Wow, what an awesome day.

I hope you are having a great time too and I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment