Thursday, January 26, 2017

What Have I Learned About Writing A Book?


WHAT HAVE I LEARNED ABOUT WRITING A BOOK?

It occurred to me that I haven't documented what the process is for writing a novel.

So this post I will show you what I've learned thus far when it comes to the actual physical producing. 

Working the development in this way will help you to create clarity in the story. Once you get to the actual writing of the book, it'll go a lot easier.

Format for a novel:

Brainstorm                                                    (Pre-production)
Title
Logline
Tagline
Synopsis
General Outline

Manuscript:

1st draft                                                       (Production)

2nd draft                                                     (Post-production)
3rd (and final) draft

Proofread and final format

Copyright

Cover design front and back

Advertorial (for back cover)    Worked at the same time as "Cover"

Launch

Tomorrow, I'll start going into more depth for each one. This is the basic outline.

Hope you enjoy.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment